Thursday, May 24, 2012

Torchwood Fanfics...

I am a writer and an insomniac. These two things go together quite well, seeing as I get most of my best ideas at obscenely late hours.
For example, a list of names.
I was trying to come up with a character's full name. I had Parker for a first name.
Luckily, I'm weird and have a notebook full of names (to be fair, it was originally because my cousin had a book of baby names and I liked a lot of them). Sooooo I chose a column of girls names and pointed to a random one for a middle name, then did the same with a list of cool last names that I just made.
So now my character is named Parker Alessandra Alban. She isn't just a random OC that I came up with for this example, she is the main character in my Doctor Who Fanfic Let There Be Light. But her father works for American Torchwood, so obviously the two will cross at some point.
I fully intend to do a series of stories about Parker and her father plus their Torchwood team as soon as I finish Let There Be Light and my Kingdom Keepers fanfic Mischief Night, which unfortunately had to be put on a temporary hiatus due to being busy.
I already have some ideas culminating.... The first fanfic will be called "Parts of a Machine", and will introduce each member of the team and how they got involved with Torchwood. It'll be very similar to the episode "Fragments", S:02EP:12.
The second will be called "Rifters", and explain how their rift is different from the one in Cardiff and some crazy stuff will happen.
So I'm blogging because I'm too lazy to get out of bed and write it down...........

No comments:

Post a Comment