Thursday, January 26, 2012

Who thought this was a good idea?

Today in gym class, we had a substitute.
Now, don't get me wrong, my school hires some wackjob substitutes. But I'll talk aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall about that. In another post.
But I digress.
There was nothing wrong with the sub we had, he's actually the entire grade's favorite.
It's the game we played. I'm gonna warn you, it has danger in the name. Ready?
Swatball.
How does one play Swatball, you might ask?
Here. Lemme esplain.
There's this ball. Its similar to a volleyball but bigger and lighter. The goals are two walls, each protected by a line of players. Let's get into the technicalities of this wonderful game.
The actual procedure is what you get from dodgeball+soccer-feet+volleyball+DEATH.
As the name entails, you swat the ball. Said ball is full of air and goes FLYING across the gymnasium, where it then ricochets off the wall... then the ceiling... then the ground.... etc. It continues like that until someone else hits it.
I, being uncoordinated, was a magnet for the ball. It whizzed over my head, back and forth, eight times in a row. By the end of the game, 1 person's glasses were broken, 2 fingers were sprained, another got a nosebleed, and I got 4 consecutive swatballs to the face.
You can definitely call me Cinderella, because I kept trying to run away from the ball. But one thing's for sure: THE BALL KEPT FOLLOWING ME.

So I have only one question.
The name should have been a tip off.
Who the hell thought this was a good idea?

1 comment: