Thursday, January 26, 2012

Special Milk

I am lactose intolerant. I drink soymilk. If at all possible, Silk is my first choice. So that's what my mom got at the grocery store this week. It was sitting in the fridge this morning when my sister came down for breakfast:
 Grace: Amme, why do you drink your **finger quotes** 'Special' milk?
 Me: Because I'm lactose intolerant. Milk makes me gassy.
 G: Ooooooh is that because you ate so much cheese?
 M: Um..... no. That's what made it so you went 3 days without pooping.
 G: Oh, right! I remember that! Um was it because you ate 2 cans of beans every day?
 M: The hell? When did I ever do that?!?!?!
 G: I don't know! I JUST WANT ANSWERS! **clutching face**  EYEBALLS!





And at about that point, my neighbor knocked on the door to tell me the bus was down the road and I better get my ass in gear.
NOTE: My 10 year old sister has ADD ( Attention Deficit Disorder), and although this conversation took place before she took her pill, I still don't know what happened. I think maybe she had taken some other pills as well.......

No comments:

Post a Comment