Friday, August 17, 2012

Does Not Compute...

I have a mere week and a few days left of Summer Vacation. I still have to finish my freaking Math Packet...
I get the concept of it, but then what's the point of the whole month of review that we do when we start class?
I also have to finish reading The Book Thief, which is fantastic.
But I have two other books I got from the library like a month ago..... They're sending me emails saying how much I owe them in late fees. It's a problem.
Sixteen Candles and Monty Python and The Holy Grail are two of the funniest things I've watched all summer.
I'm spending my slowly dwindling days of freedom blogging, watching JennaMarbles, and listening to Whitney Houston.

I honestly don't think I'm ready for high school. It's the whole getting lost thing. All the other middle schools in our district have at least two floors and are twice as big and have each been redone completely at least three times, but not ours. Nope. One floor and puny. The town wouldn't even give them enough money to repair all the things that are broken like heating and windows and not removing asbestos and that stuff. They say they need more classrooms because they have teachers sharing rooms and traveling by cart, which is bull because there aren't more than 20 kids in each class. Just combine a few classes and lay off a teacher or two, maybe the ones who didn't teach Math but instead showed students YouTube videos all day (True Story and the reason I can't do the math packet without help from Panseh, because she went to a math camp.)

I like writing and blogging and YouTube, and I was thinking it would be a good idea to get my own laptop for high school. Everyone complains about how long I'm on the computer, doing schoolwork and such.
So I'm searching the Apple website because we are strictly a Mac household. This is what happened.

MacBook Air Page is all like, "You want a basic 11 inch MacBook with no extra memory or attachments besides the charger and built in applications? Mmmmm 'kay. That'll be a thousand dollars."
So I'm all like, "C'mon Mac! I'm choosing you over PC! Couldn't ya offer me something a little less expensive?"
And it's all like, "Well I can give you the same thing just preowned! That'll still be about nine hundred bucks."
And so my brain goes, "ERROR. ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE."

My God! I am going into ninth grade and the only job I have is doing laundry. And I don't even get paid for that.
My dad works for a state university, so that somehow gives him a student discount on Apple Products, but that's still a metric butt ton of money.

Anyone wanna donate? 

No comments:

Post a Comment