Thursday, August 16, 2012

Boo!

I went to Pennsylvania and saw some ghosties!
Well, I didn't actually see them. My camera did.
We went to the Indian Echo Caverns, which, by the way, are beautiful, and took loads of pictures.
They almost all had a bunch of orbs in them.
I don't have the pictures off the camera yet, but they are way cool.
I also went to Hersheypark, but I gotta say it was less interesting. I appreciate that my parents spent the money to take our family there, but I'm not gonna lie.
I didn't enjoy it very much.
It's just a chocolate themed carnival.
Same rides, the basics; Scrambler, Tilt A Whirl, Carousel, Pirate Ship, Train Ride, Monorail, Rocket Ship things.
I'm not a thrill ride person, so I didn't go on SkyRush or The Great Bear or Fahrenheit. Those are some scary fucking rides.
I can only take as much as Wild Mouse. I nearly lost it on Wild Cat, and that's only a level three.
Then there was the Trailblazer, which was less than a minute long. It's a family coaster, and I got sick of it after the third time.
Mind you, they did have some unique rides like the Reeses Xtreme Cup Challenge and RollerSoaker. The Cup Challenge was a team up laser target shootout, and it's air conditioned. RollerSoaker was a two minute flyover of the waterpark, and there are stations below where other guests can send huge jets of water at you. You can also drop a load of water on parkgoers waiting in line for the lazy river to cool them down a bit.
Honestly though, it wasn't worth the 45 minute wait.

I suppose this is kind of a rant.
It's just that I'm so finely tuned to Disney quality. Disney rides have a story to them, it's not just a quick thrill. Disney has ruined other parks for me, mainly because other parks are boring and Disney is awesome. But Disney is more expensive. DX
I think it's also that I'm too old for it. It doesn't hold my attention long enough.

It's kind of sad, for me, because I am finally saying goodbye to my childhood for real. When you're young, these rides are new and exciting. Once you get older, they're just overpriced, well maintained versions of the rides you can get into for five bucks a person at your local carnival. It loses the excitement.

The last thing we did in PA was go to the Amish Farm and House, which ironically is in the parking lot of a Target.
If you're not familiar with old order Amish beliefs, just look them up. It's very interesting the way they adapt 21st Century living to fit their ideology.
I met a goat man who also makes wooden chickens. He woodburned my name onto a woodchip.
I also learned that I have a very Amish name (Amme is my internet name; if you haven't figured out by now it's just Emma backwards. Nietsreg is made up though.).
There was a paper doll of an Amish girl named Emma, one of the original occupants of the house in the 1700's was named Emma, one of the goats was named Emma, and when we went to the amazing restaurant Good 'n' Plenty (try the hamloaf) there was a painting of a little Amish girl named Emma.
Some people think it's a British name because it's popular in English literature, but it is actually an old German name. It's popular in Amish communities because their church services are done in an older German language.
Yeah.
Chew on that nugget of information. Good night. It's one A.M. here.

No comments:

Post a Comment