Sunday, July 1, 2012

And the Oscar Goes To...



STARFISH WERE MEANT TO FLYYYYY!
Today, I went to my friend who shall be called Sparkle's Sweet Sixteen Party.
I covered a Bop It in glitter for her.
We went to New York City for the day.
We left at 9:00.
In a bus.
A party bus.
A PINK party bus.
THAT WAS FULL OF JUICE AND PIXY STIX. And some bananas.
We went to Madam Tussauds.
When we walked into the first room, I screamed because RuPaul was there. I sat 'trucker-style' with Madonna. I peed myself a little when pole dancing Brittany was breathing, and took some pictures of Janis Joplin because she gave the 10th Doctor his awesome coat.
My camera died when I walked in, so most of the pictures were on my phone.
What really surprised me was the lack of cashiers. I just wanted to buy some candy, but the cash register that was labelled 'Open' was without an employee for the entire 20 minutes I waited, until I gave up and left. Then  in the main gift shop there was a cashier. He walked away when I came over.
Buuuut I bought myself an Oscar and a notebook. Well, technically it's just a "Celebrity Award", but whatever. I really loved that everything was reasonably priced.
Then we went to Angelo's for lunch. BEST. PIZZA. EVAR.
http://angelosnyc.com/
Just.... I can't even.... IT WAS SO FREAKING GOOD. AND I JUST HAD PEPPERONI.
Yeah.
The Nekkid Cowboy sang to her.
And then we went to the Disney store.
Now, when my father entrusted me with $60 of spending money, I set my mind on purchasing a big ol' plushie of one of these guys from Brave (BEST MOVIE EVAR).

http://www.lafamily.com/sites/default/files/Triplets%20as%20bears.jpg
I succeeded.
Here he is. I've decided that of the three he is Harris, not Hubert or Hamish.
He is so freaking soft.
I also got a plastic cup that says I <3 NYC but the heart is Mickey ears. Eh, it was 25% off.
Then I saw a villains tote bag and got one of those because it was $3. #SWAG
And I got a purple MOUSTACHE necklace from F21.
It was such a fun day.
And I get to go back into the city sometme next week TO SEE NEWSIES ON BROADWAY! It's my graduation present. Sooooo excited! They had Newsie caps at the Disney store, but felt that $30 was pushing it, so I'm gonna try and find one at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.
Now, I have hives all over my body for no apparent reason. I just really don't wanna go to an allergist. I also don't want to do a 10 day cleanse with my mom, or do pilates with her twice a week. Oh well.
I guess I'll take some Benydryl and go to bed.
Should I make a haul video for my youtube channel, show you all my swag?

2 comments:

  1. Loved brave! And in harris county the only one of the 3 bears they put on shelves in the disney store is Harris, and yes that's him. I love nyc! I've been once, but I will gladly go back! And have fun! My friend was looking forward to that musical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think they only have one type of bear because they're identical triplets, and so it can be whichever one you imagine. Who knows, I could secretly have another one and that picture could really be Hubert or maybe it's Hamish.... I AM SNEAKY LIKE THAT.

      Delete